Yum! Mark and I went out to dinner for the first time in months last night for Valentine's Day. We went to a new restaurant that is downstairs from Mark's office called Davis Street Tavern. It was delicious! One of those meals that you walk away SO HAPPY. Pure heaven! It was a three-course meal. For appetizers, Mark had a "Tuna Tartini" - raw tuna in a martini glass with an avocado, cilantro & kumquat sauce. I normally am not interested in even trying raw fish, but this dish totally won me over! It was SO good. I had a wild mushroom "Vol au Vent" ("puff of air" - I had to ask!) It was sauteed mushrooms in a cream sauce baked in a puffed pastry. Incredible! I could have licked the plate.
For our main courses, I had a risotto with asparagus and peas. Again delicious! Mark had lamb with a mint au jus and a goat cheese spanikopita. Again, I have never really enjoyed lamb before but it was incredible! For dessert, we had a dark chocolate bread pudding and a ginger spice cake. Wow! I had an chamomile herb tea with my dessert -- and even that was the best I have EVER tasted. It was so good! So yummy!
To top it off we had a gift card from the bank due to some mess-up of theirs a while back so we didn't have to pay so much!
Afterwards we went to the stake adult Valentine's Dance for a few minutes. Sadly, neither of us are really dancers anymore, but if it was to fun chat with everyone there and dance for a minute. We really need to go on dates more often!
3 comments:
Sounds good, I'll have to mention it to Robert. And thanks for the shout out to Addie. she enjoyed her first birthday cake but it was nothing compared to Jacksons first!
Isn't hard to give in and cut it? Even when you know it will look better?? They always look older and you think, I don't want my baby to look older! But the haircut looks good and then you wonder why you waited so long...
Oh, sorry I posted it under the wrong caption... Your valentine's Day date sounds dreamy!
Post a Comment