Now when we moved into this house over a year and a half ago, my sewing machine turned up missing. No idea what happened to it. (Even when I knew where it was it was mostly used to hem store-bought curtains and the like. I am NOT a seamstress or slightly crafty!) So my sweet husband bought me a new sewing machine for Christmas (2008!) It was still in the box. I have been waiting for a chance to get it out. I also had some leftover felt buried in a basement closet -- leftover from the only felt project I have ever made, an advent calendar patterned after one my mom made when I was little.
So we went downstairs together and dug out the sewing machine and the felt. It took me an hour or two to get the sewing machine set up and running, but we finally did it. A green felt crown. He was so excited that he wanted me to make one for Sarah. "Princess!!" Sarah was very excited about the idea, so we made another one. This time it was red.
Bennett has been wearing his crown ever since. He is the King of America, he says. He is waving a large paintbrush, which he calls his King's Duster, because kings apparently love to clean. (Sarah, on the other hand, will not wear her crown because she is a fickle little girl.) But Bennett thinks I'm the greatest -- and I'm pretty proud too!
(I have yet to even really look at our Christmas photos yet, but I'll post them soon!)
3 comments:
Too cute! I love it when things come together and just a little thing brings such happiness. What a fun boy! Love him!
Good job Genet. He is such a cute little boy!
Way to go Genet!
Post a Comment