Monday, February 22, 2010
Surprise!
So we are eating dinner tonight. As usual, Bennett is eating bread and jam, his staple at dinner. Jackson, of course, ate everything -- the sausage & bean soup, the salad, the bread. Sarah licked the jam off her bread and asked for me, but then she started into the salad. She loved the spinach and the mushrooms. Couldn't get enough. Yipee! But the big surprise was when Bennett said "Can I try one of those leaves?" He put a little dressing on it and ate an ENTIRE SPINACH LEAF. This was the very first VOLUNTARY intake of a green vegetable in his life. Every other green vegetable he has EVER eaten was either hidden in his food or given to him as a baby. I was shocked. Maybe there is hope for this boy yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have one of those non-eaters. It is very frustrating, I'm hoping all the hard work will pay off for me someday too.
Yea!!! Go Bennett!!!
That is AWESOME! Our young man is growing up!
Post a Comment