That Saturday Mark and I competed in the Great Urban Race, a mini-Amazing Race-type adventure. Lots of fun to do together. We had to solve 11 clues and take pictures at most of them, and then race to finish. We came in 41st out of more than 300 teams.

We got extremely lucky on the weather. It was awesome!That night we hosted a surprise 30th birthday party for Mark's sister, Emily. All the hard work and incredible cooking was done by her husband, Robert. Just the women were invited to dinner. Robert's brother & friend helped serve, while the dads watched the kids. It was a lovely evening for dinner on the deck overlooking our new backyard.

Emily made a beautiful cake, as usual.Afterwards, Bailey and Addie spent a couple days with us while Robert & Emily went to the coast. (How could I say no? I owe everyone babysitting for a long time!)
Last Wednesday night, even though Mark & Jackson were already feeling sick, we took the boys to see the Lion King. I had bought the tickets over 6 months ago when Village Home put together a group buy, having no idea how crazy this last few weeks was going to be. However, it was totally worth it. The costumes were amazing and we all had a wonderful time (contrary to the look on Jackson's face in this picture.)
2 comments:
I didn't realize your amazing race was already over! I am sure you had a great time! You are smart to do things like this whenever you can. The birthday part sounded delicious. Next time I'm in town it would be fun to have Robert give me lessons!
Talk about fun experiences! You guys are having a great summer!
Post a Comment