Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Busy Halloween

It is easy as a full-time mom to feel like I don't "accomplish" anything all day, so every once in a while I like to write down everything I do in a day, just to remind myself what a superwoman I really am!

Monday, October 31st:
Get up long before dawn (especially since we haven't had Daylight Savings yet)
Exercise with Mark
Make bed
Make breakfast (protein shakes & toast)
Get 3 kids dressed, hair done, teeth brushed
Help them make beds, straighten rooms
Empty dishwasher
Make lunches for Jackson & Bennett
Read scriptures/family prayer
Wash dishes
Wipe down kids' bathroom
Walk Bennett to bus stop
Shower/get dressed
Listen to scriptures
Read YW Lesson for Sunday (guest teacher, no calling yet)
Vacuum upstairs
Clean master & office bathrooms
Dust bedroom
Return emails
Make menu for week (using recipes from Pinterest -- see, not a waste of time!)
Supervise kids as play outside
Change kids' clothes and clean up dirt after playing outside
Go grocery shopping with two kids in tow, in car-cart where they could get themselves in & out! Manage not to buy anything extra for them but bubble gum & green beans. :-)
Go to library, pay $20 in late fees, pick out books
Attempt to feed two over-tired kids lunch unsuccessfully
Put Paxton down for a nap amid screaming protests, practically a wrestling match
Put Sarah down for quiet time movie
Put groceries away
Empty dishwasher again
Eat nutritious lunch
Shop for gifts for Gustavo & Silvia to take to Costa Rica (Yahoo!)
Answer emails
Vacuum & sweep main floor
Wash lunch dishes
Empty out old food in frig
Gather laundry
Start laundry
Read stories to kids
Get after school snacks
Get Halloween costumes on
Do face paint
Help Paxton paint picture
Clean up paints
Deal with Paxton's tantrum about paints being cleaned up
Pack bag of coats, shoes & other necessaries for trick or treating
Put out Halloween candy for trick or treaters
Double stroller into back of car
Go to Williams for mummy hot dogs & soup (hurray for not having to cook! Thank you.)
Happily stay with Natalie and hold the dog while she answers the door and while the dads take the kids trick or treating
Get all the kids home without major tears
Bath 3 kids & put to bed with Mark's help
Lay out kids' clothes for next day
Clean kitchen & floors with Mark's help
Supervise Jackson's homework
Get ready for bed
Purchase gifts for Gustavo & Silvia online
Make this list
Fall asleep totally exhausted but happy with my busy life.
(I didn't even mention that I navigated endless requests for more Halloween candy all day long. I will be so glad when it is gone.)

Halloween Photos:


 Ward Trunk or Treat and Chili Cook-Off
Star Wars Family
(Yoda refused to wear his ears)
 In our trunk
 Halloween Trick or Treating with the Williams
Jonah the Gnome & Paxton as Woody
 Is there a difference between boys and girls? Hmmm.

 Natalie's cute mummy dogs.
Great night for trick or treating.

1 comment:

Williams Family said...

I love your list!! Sometimes I feel like I get nothing done, but when you add up all the little things, my day is exhausting. :) love you!!