Monday, May 11, 2009

3 Posterior Babies

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day! Mark and the kids served me breakfast in bed with lots of snuggles and hugs. After church, we had a yummy BBQ salmon dinner. We watched home videos of all the kids being born while we ate homemade popcorn, made with my new stove-top popcorn popper. I am so thankful for each of our children. They are each a miracle.

After watching Sarah's video, Bennett wanted to watch a movie of his new baby brother. He was so disappointed that he cried! That boy is excited for this baby!

Watching the videos brought back a lot of memories. The thing that surprised me was that I had totally forgotten that Bennett was born posterior. His birth was so fast and easy compared to the others (who were both posterior with longs back labor) that I was totally convinced that he was anterior. However, the doctor clearly says that he was born in the posterior position. Now I cannot figure out why his birth would've been so much faster -- because if I'm going to have yet another posterior baby (which sure seems inevitable) I'd love to know what I could do to make it fast and easy!

I am grateful for a wonderful family -- a sweet husband and great kids. My own mother is one of most wonderful people I have ever met. She is amazing! And I could not have a better mother-in-law. She is one of my closest friends. I have incredible sisters and sister-in-laws. Not to mention friends who are great examples of faith and love. I feel very blessed. Thank you to all of you. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Genet said...

After talking with Sharon yesterday, we think the difference may have been that my water broke right at the beginning with both Jackson and Sarah, but not until much later with Bennett. Let's hope it stays in tact this time!