Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rearranging and Redecorating



We have spent every spare moment of the past two weeks moving the kids' rooms around. We decided that after one year, Paxton deserved to finally have a room to call his own. We also found it was easier to have Bennett and Sarah sleep together, rather than Bennett and Paxton, given their similar sleeping schedule. They were THRILLED to get new bunk beds. Sarah finally gave up sleeping in the crib (which she loved). Most of the time she actually stays in bed (most of the time). We love and hate IKEA. A great way to inexpensively furnish kids' rooms -- but a LOT of assembly!
Bennett & Sarah's Bookshelf & Swinging Chair
I may be sorry that we put this chair in Bennett's room, but he loves it. And it's a great way for him to get a little energy out on a rainy day.
Jackson in his new loft bed.
We moved Bennett and Sarah into Jackson's room because it was larger, and put Jackson in Sarah's old room. In order for Jackson to have enough room for school work and for lego construction we got him a loft bed. So fun! He really loves his new room.
Jackson's Lego display!
Paxton's room -- finally out of the portacrib!
Don't look to closely or you'll notice that most of the frames are empty. We are still working on getting the pictures in, but we were excited to get them onto the wall.
A video tour of the rooms.
Sarah loves to sing to Pax before he goes to sleep. It usually consists of "I love Paxie. I love Paxie." over and over again. Sometimes it branches out to "Jesus loves Paxie.... I love Daddy.... I love Jackson..." Here is a little sample of her singing in Paxton's new room. (Mark kindly tried to avoid videotaping me as I was still in my pajamas when I was putting Pax down for a morning nap that day.)

1 comment:

Nancy Jackson said...

The kids rooms are so darling! It is amazing how different each room looks. You did a great job!